Alex Timmons is an M.S. student in the department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering. Her research will focus on bridging the gap between a technical engineering mindset and a sociological and cultural focus in relation to engineering design projects, particularly internationally.
Alex has a strong dual interest in engineering and social sciences and hopes to share this passion with others by encouraging the importance of cultural focus within technical design. Her undergraduate work focused particularly on water resources and systems and she hopes to expand on this work within her graduate studies, as well as studying the potential impact of contextual engineering processes on a global scale.
- B.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2018
- Food and Agriculture Big Data Fellowship
- Jack and Kay Briscoe Scholarship
- Chevron Engineering Scholarship
- Jaccoud Civil Engineering Scholarship